Updated: 9 Mar 2019
SPOW DNA Study: Lineage 54 – Group R1b, Haplogroups variant R-M269
TORREY’S NEW ENGLAND MARRIAGES 1
WILL OF ALEXANDER COOPER 2
GEORGE GRAY 3
ALEXANDER COOPER IN THE GENEALOGICAL DICTIONARY OF MAINE AND NEW HAMPSHIRE 4
Sources and Information:
WikiTree collaboration for Alexander Cooper – https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Cooper-15799
FamilySearch collaboration for Alexander Cooper – https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/KCKW-YQW
- Scots Prisoners and Their Relocation to the Colonies at Geni.com
- “Massachusetts Historical Society Proceedings – Oct. 1927 p. 5-28”: Lists of Scots removed to New England as Prisoners by Oliver Cromwell – 1651
- “Kittery, Maine – Probate 28 Feb 1684,” from: Dobson, David. Scottish Emigration to Colonial America, 1607-1785, (Georgia: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1994, paperback version 2004), 36.
- Goodwin, John Samuel. The Goodwins of Kittery, York County, Maine. Chicago : O. S. Goodwin, 1898, pg. 32, Internet Archives, archive.org/details/goodwinsofkitter00good/page/n6.
- “John Cooper.” Edited by Elizabeth Hyatt, WikiTree: Where Genealogists Collaborate, 27 Jan. 2012, www.wikitree.com/wiki/Cooper-3074.
- Lewis Coleman, Emma. New England Captives Carried to Canada Between 1677 and 1760 During the French and Indian Wars. Heritage Books, 2008.
- Clarence Almon Torrey, Torrey’s New England Marriages Prior to 1700.
- Maine: Early Wills and Deeds, 1640-1760. CD-ROM. Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2006. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009.) https://www.americanancestors.org/DB84/i/12362/54/138195349
- The Gray Family of Hancock, Maine contributed by Teresa Rust
Noyes, Sibyl, et al. Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012.