In an effort to help you in your research, we have compiled a list of common questions that we often receive. If you have a question that is not on this page, please contact us.
Battle of Dunbar:
Where can I find more information about the Battle of Dunbar?
Battle of Worcester:
Where can I find more information about the Battle of Worcester?
Researching SPOW Ancestors:
I want to see where my ancestor lived, how do I start?
Visit Sites in The United Kingdom
Visit Sites in New England
- Lynn, Massachusetts | Saugus Iron Works | Museum & Historical Society
- Quincy, Massachusetts | John Winthrop Jr. Blast Furnace(Braintree Furnace)| Museum & Historical Society
- South Berwick, Mainewhere theGreat Works Millwas located | Historical Society
- Durham, New Hampshire (Old Dover) where SPOW were sent to saw mills on theOyster River | Durham Historic Association
- Exeter, New Hampshire where SPOW were early settlers | Historical Society
Where can I find the indenture record for my SPOW?
Information to come.
Where did my SPOW originate in Scotland?
It is difficult to know exactly where the prisoners lived in Scotland before the battles of Dunbar and Worcester. It is thought that many lived in England and traveled to fight with their kinsmen.
Research Your Scottish Heritage:
Do you offer memberships?
We do not have formal membership. Anyone with an interest in the history and genealogy of the Scottish prisoners taken in the battles of Dunbar and Worcester can join our community.