|Battle:||Battle of Worcester in Worcester, Worcestershire, England|
|Ship/Arrival:||John & Sara, May 1652|
|Prisoner and List:|
|Other SPOW Associations:|
Similar names found on the John & Sara list:
Mackane, John.1,3 Mackenny, Of Black Point (Scarborough), Maine.
Mackane, Patrick. Patricke in NEHGR,1 [McKenney?]
Mackhane, Robert.1 [McKanney?]
First Generation in the New World
1. ALESTER¹ MACKHENE, was born in Scotland.
1. “Alester Mackhene, 11/11/1651, Scotch Prisoners Sent to Massachusetts in 1652, By Order of the English Government”
2. In the record Colonial Soldiers and Officers in New England, 1620-1775, at AmericanAncestors.org there is one Alexander McKenney listed as a soldier on 29 Apr 1675/6 and on the same list is John Makenny which may be the same John MACKANE found on the John & Sara list.4
3. Alexander MCKENNEY is a soldier in Massachusetts on 29 Apr 1675/6. Alexander KEENEY is in CT from at least 1662 to 1674…could he have gone to serve in Massachusetts 1675 and then returned to CT where his inventory is taken in 1680?
4. yDNA Project? Does yDNA reflect Scottish or English ancestry?
Sources and Notes:
Could Alester Mackhene be the Alexander McKenney below? or Alexander Keeney? see: Rootsweb page by Raymond Kinney
Alexander KEENEY of Connecticut
1. ALEXANDER¹ KEENEY, died at Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut before Aug 1680. Probate inventory at Wethersfield on 01 Oct 1680.5 Married at Wethersfield by 1662, ALICE (_____) COLFAX. She died at Wethersfield on 23 Feb 1682/3.6
Trying to determine if this Alexander KEENEY is the same man as Alester MACKHENE.
Children of Alexander and Alice (_____) Keeney:
2. i. ALEXANDER² KEENEY, b. c1662.5
2. ii. THOMAS KEENEY, b. c1664.7
2. iii. SARAH KEENEY, b. c1664.7
2. iv. JOSEPH KENNEY, b. c1666.7
2. v. LYDIAH KEENEY, b. c16697
2. vi. EBENEZER KEENEY, b. c16727
2. vii. RICHARD KEENEY, b. c16747
1663-1697: “ALEXANDER KEENEY” Hartford, CT court record and “estate”8
Published: 16 Jan 2019
Updated: 08 Apr 2020
Researchers: Cynthia Haven, Teresa Rust
Editor: Teresa Rust
- “Alester Mackhene, 11/11/1651, Scotch Prisoners Sent to Massachusetts in 1652, By Order of the English Government” https://www.americanancestors.org/DB522/rd/21065/378/1425475533
- “11/11/1651, Scotch Prisoners Sent to Massachusetts in 1652, By Order of the English Government” https://www.americanancestors.org/DB522/rd/21065/378/1425475533
- Colonial Soldiers and Officers in New England, 1620-1775.
- Connecticut: Early Probate Records, 1635-1730. (A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records, by Charles W. Manwaring, R. S. Peck & Co. Printers, Hartford, CT, 1904.).
- Connecticut: Early Probate Records, 1635-1730. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2006-2019), (A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records, by Charles W. Manwaring, R. S. Peck & Co. Printers, Hartford, CT, 1904.).
- Hartford County, CT: Index to Hartford County Court Minutes, Vols. 3-4, 1663-1687, 1697 (Online database: NewEnglandAncestors.org, New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2007). https://www.americanancestors.org/DB127/rd/6043671