|Battle:||Battle of Worcester in Worcester, Worcestershire, England|
|Ship/Arrival:||John & Sara, May 1652|
|Prisoner and List:|
|Other SPOW Associations:|
William Beames, [Beanes?], “Scotch Prisoners Sent to Massachusetts in 1652, By Order of the English Government” 1
Similar Names on the John and Sara List:
Banes [Bayne], William
Benne [Bene or Benny], James
Benne, John 2
First Generation in the New World
1. WILLIAM BEAMES, was born presumably in Scotland.
Biographical Notes: Trying to determine whether the name should be BeaMes OR BeaNes. 🙂
Published: 24 Mar 2020
Researchers: Ellen Gaboury, Teresa Rust
Editors: Teresa Rust
SOURCES and NOTES:
There is a William¹ BEANES in Salem by 1668, He marries and has children in Salem. “William BEANES, 1668, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, United States, Petitions against imposts, 1668, Residence” 3 He married at Salem by 1669, SARAH BUFFUM.
Children of William and Sarah (Buffum) Bean:
2. JOSHUA² BEAN, m. first at Salem on 23 Jun 1701, MARY SLUE.
2. MARTHA BEAN, m. 08 Dec 1709, SAMUEL POPE.
2. WILLIAM BEAN, b. in 1667; m., first, at Salem on 06 Feb 1695/6, HANNAH VERRY. m., second, at Salem on 29 Oct 1702, MARTHA MINSLOW.
William Bean died at Salem in 1715 ad in his will he mentions his son, JOSHUA BEAN, and WILLIAM BEAN. There is a Samuel and MARTHA POPE. It is hard to read the record.4
- Vital Records from The NEHGS Register. Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014. (Compiled from articles originally published in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register.) https://www.americanancestors.org/DB522/rd/21065/379/1425475639
- “October Meeting, 1927. Francis Tiffany Bowles; Scotch Deported to New England, 1651-52; Letters of Henry Clay.” Proceedings of the Massachusetts Historical Society 61 (1927): 1-30. Accessed March 24, 2020. www.jstor.org/stable/25080212.
- Vital Records from The NEHGS Register. Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014. https://www.americanancestors.org/DB522/t/21073/85/1427077863
- Essex County, MA: Probate File Papers, 1638-1881.Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2014. (From records supplied by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Archives.) https://www.americanancestors.org/DB515/rd/13745/2213-co1/244905064