|Battle:||Battle of Dunbar in Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland|
|Ship/Arrival:||Unity, Dec 1650|
|Prisoner and List:|
|Other SPOW Associations:|
Published on: 11 June 2018, Updated: 4 Apr 2019
Thomas Walter, #34 on the “Scots at Lynn 1653. Iron Works Inventory”1
IMPORTANT UPDATE! (July 2018)
According to Christopher Gerrard, Pam Graves, Andrew Millard, Richard Annis, and Anwen Caffell, Lost Lives, New Voices: Unlocking the Stories of the Scottish Soldiers at the Battle of Dunbar 1650,2 (England: Oxbow Books, 2018), on page 247, Thomas is categorized as:
Definite [that he is a Dunbar prisoner transported on the Unity]
Gualter/Walter/Water, Thomas. Residences: Lynn MA. Appears: 1653. [Banks; DR; SPOWS]3415
For explanations of the category, abbreviations and references see List of Dunbar prisoners from Lost Lives, New Voices.
First Generation in the New World
1. THOMAS¹ WALTER, was presumably born in Scotland and died in New England.
For additional help, please go to the Facebook Group.
(Our small website team is unable to help with further research.)
- Stewart, George Sawin. The Bartlett Collection. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, Massachusetts. /george-sawin-stewart-documents/ [↩] [↩]
- Gerrard, Christopher M.., et al. Lost Lives, New Voices: Unlocking the Stories of the Scottish Soldiers at the Battle of Dunbar 1650. Oxbow Books, 2018, p. 247. [↩]
- Banks, C.E. 1927. ‘Scotch Prisoners deported to New England by Cromwell 1651-2’. Proceedings of the Massachusetts Historical Society 61, 4-30. https://www.jstor.org/stable/25080212 [↩]
- Rapaport, Diane. Working List of Early New England Scots. 2015. [↩]
- “Dunbar Prisoners of War Profiles.” The Scottish Prisoners of War Society, Teresa Rust, 18 Feb. 2019, scottishprisonersofwar.com/battle_of_dunbar_pows_america/. [↩]